< MeetingsJump to navigation Jump to search
|General meetings||2018 AGM|
|Board meetings||February 18 • May 6 • August 5 • October 7 • November 4|
|← full list of meetings|
Date and location
- Date: 5 August 2019
- Time: 19:00 EDT
- Location: Online
- Benoit Rochon (President)
- Lëa-Kim Châteauneuf (Vice President)
- Charlotte Badin (Secretary)
- Guillaume Lafrance (Treasurer)
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Jean-François Pilon
- Gabriel Arsenault
- Marie D. Martel
- Michael David Miller
- Jean-Philippe Béland (Consultant)
President and Executive Committee Report
- Links to the minutes of the Executive Committee meetings since last Board meeting: 10 June 2019 and 8 July 2019.
- Expenses approved by the Executive Committee since last Board meeting: two bills from consultant Jean-Philippe Béland for May and June for totals respectively of $5,656.77 and $2,437.47.
Secretary Membership Report
- WMCA currently has 42 members, including three new since last Board meeting.
- The Treasurer presented the total amounts in the bank and PayPal accounts.
Programs Committee Report
- Links to the minutes of the Programs Committee meetings since last Board meeting: 25 June 2019 and 29 July 2019.
- The project Weather Observations of the Meteorological Service of Canada in Wikimedia Projects was introduced to the Board members.
- The Programs Committee pre-approved an amount of $200 for the Gurdwara Project.
Report on contractuals
- Jean-Philippe Béland: Jean-François Pilon met with Jean-Philippe Béland to review his work. The new template for his bills makes tracking his work way easier.
- Pierre Choffet: He is already working on the project Weather Observations of the Meteorological Service of Canada in Wikimedia Projects. There will be no bill regarding this project before at least October.
- The Board unanimously resolved to accept and pay the July 2019's bill from the consultant Jean-Philippe Béland for a total of $1,011.78.
- Digital visibility. Jean-François Pilon mentioned that the Board should explore which ways WMCA should go in terms of digital visibility. He will meet with Anne-Hélène Mai from Bénévoles d'affaires for the Communications Committee. The Board is exploring the idea of having a budget for digital marketing. Jean-François Pilon will make some research on this topic and proposes to meet about this after the AGM.
- Review of the Communications Policy. No change since last Board meeting.
- Report from the Bénévoles d'affaires Committee. Nothing special to report. The Committee is asking if the Board wants to recruit volunteers.
- Results of Affiliate-selected WMF Board of Trustees seats. Nataliia Tymkiv and Shani Evenstein Sigalov were elected. A message on behalf of the Board will be sent to congratulate them from the President.
- Developing a tasks list for the contractual. The President is inviting the Board to review the proposed list of tasks for the contractual.
- Signature of a Memorandum of Understanding with Library and Archives Canada. The Memorandum of Understanding was signed on 13 May 2019 in Montreal during the 2019 Summit on the value of librairies at the Grande Bibliothèque.
- Procedure for payments and reimbursements. The President proposed that Benoit Rochon be the designated person to make the payments with Ha-Loan Phan as second designated person according the Procedure for payments. The Board unanimously agreed.
- Preparation for the AGM. The candidates for the Board must declare their intent at least one month in advance by completing their profile on Meta-Wiki and by indicating their motivation on a dedicated page on WMCA's wiki. Up to six seats will be up for election. There will be a meeting to organize the AGM on 27 August 2019.
- Budget surplus for the contractuals. There will be a surplus on the budget for contractuals of approximately $30,000. Jean-François Pilon proposed to have a meeting right after the AGM to decide how to re-allocate this budget. It will be necessary to obtain the approbation of the WMF. Ideas for re-allocation include digital marketing, publicity to potential donors, participating in free software events, and supporting an activity with a partner such as the Acfas. Jean-François Pilon, Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf, Benoit Rochon and Ha-Loan Phan are interested in participating in a meeting to determine how to re-allocate this budget. Lëa-Kim also proposes to invite the members of the Programs Committee. The meeting will take place on 6 August 2019. Lëa-Kim proposed to send a Google Form to WMCA's members to determine what is their vision for the priorities of the Chapter for the remainder of the year.
Discussions and announcements