Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page documents a Wikimedia Canada policy. It is a widely accepted standard that all editors should normally follow. Changes made to it should reflect consensus. When in doubt, discuss your idea on the project chat|project chat.
This policy applies to public communications of the Board to its members in good standing or to any external agency for official communications.
- A communication may take the form of a regular letter, email or a press release.
- A public communication must:
- contain the Wikimedia Canada logo in the header;
- be introduced by a salutation;
- be clear and concise;
- end with a salutation;
- unless otherwise stated, affix the digital signature of the chairman or a board member; and
- be in both official languages of Canada, French and English.
- A communication must be developed by at least two members of the Board, one anglophone and one francophone.
- Public communication must be approved in advance by the public communications officer designated by Wikimedia Canada policy.
- Unless otherwise issued by the Board, all public communications should be issued through the Board Secretary of Wikimedia Canada.