< ProgramsJump to navigation Jump to search
Date and location
- Date: 29 July 2019
- Location: Online
- Jean-Michel Lapointe (Chair)
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
- Michael David Miller
- Amber Berson
- Benoit Rochon
- Caroline Savard
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Laura French
- Marie D. Martel
- Stacy Allison-Cassin
- Jean-Philippe Béland (consultant)
- APG 2019: No change since last meeting.
- Rapid Grant for multimedia equipment for Manawan: No change since last meeting.
- Grant request for a Gurdwara Project: The requester initially asked for $670. The Committee asked him to review his request and he is now asking for $450. The Committee agrees that the initiative is excellent. The problem is that the budget for the remaining of the year is limited. The Committee is wondering about the requested amount versus the returns. The Committee would like that the requester organize more activities related to his project that would bring new contributors for example. The Committee took the unanimous decision to approve $200 for the Gurdwara Project organized by Harpreet Sandhu. The Committee proposes to the requester to invite local people to take pictures of the temples. Furthermore the requester can come back in January, the new fiscal year, to undertake the rest of the project. The Committee would like to see more implication from more people, for example to train new contributors or to give a presentation at the visited temples. The Committee wishes, at a next meeting, to better define the grants attribution criteria, for example in terms of metrics.
- Review of activities that happened since last meeting
- Wiki Loves Earth: The last jury phase is on-going. We have received a total of 1,229 photographs of which 972 were admissible for the contest. The final detailed statistics will be presented at the next meeting.
- UQAM's 50th Anniversary on Autumn 2019: Nothing new to report. The planning is going well.
- 100th Anniversary of Quebec National Archives in 2020: Benoit Rochon is absent.
- GLAM-Wiki Summit 2020: Nothing new to report. More to follow.
- Rendez-vous d'histoire de Québec: Caroline Savard is absent. See .
- WikiTuesdays in Hamilton: McMaster University will begin to host regular monthly activities in August.
- Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ): Benoit Rochon and Caroline Savard are absent.
- Library and Archives Canada (LAC): Nothing new to report.
- Concordia Wikipedian in Residence: Amber Berson is absent.
Follow up of questions from last meeting
- Project to import data from Environment and Climate Change Canada in Wikimedia Commons: The project is progressing. There was a meeting between Benoit Rochon, Pierre Choffet and Miguel Tremblay. Jean-François Pilon is coordinating the project. Wikimedia Canada received a letter from Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC). Jean-François Pilon, Jean-Philippe Béland and Pierre Choffet are working to finalize the form to send to ECCC. More to follow.
Discussions and announcements
- The candidates for the Board of Directors must submit their names 30 days before the AGM on October 19th.
- The Francophone WikiConvention will take place in September in Brussels. There will be some participants from Canada including presenters.