Meetings/2019-05-06

From Wikimedia Canada
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Recent meetings
General meetings 2018 AGM
Board meetings February 18 May 6 August 5 October 7 November 4
Committee meetings
← full list of meetings


Meeting info[edit]

Date and location[edit]

  • Date: 6 May 2019
  • Time: 19:00 EDT
  • Location: Online

Participants[edit]

  • Benoit Rochon (President)
  • Lëa-Kim Châteauneuf (Vice President)
  • Guillaume Lafrance (Treasurer)
  • Ha-Loan Phan
  • Jean-François Pilon
  • Michael David Miller
Absents
  • Charlotte Badin (Secretary)
  • Gabriel Arsenault
  • Marie D. Martel
Observer
  • Jean-Philippe Béland (Consultant)

Minutes[edit]

Reports[edit]

President and Executive Committee Report[edit]

Secretary Report on members[edit]

  • The Secretary is absent.

Treasurer Report[edit]

  • The Treasurer presented the total amounts in the bank and PayPal accounts.

Programs Committee Report[edit]

Report on contractuals[edit]

  • Jean-Philippe Béland: The hours tracking of Jean-Philippe Béland was presented to the Board.
  • Pierre Choffet: Lately, he worked on Mailman. Benoit Rochon send him emails to work as required.

Expenditures Approvals[edit]

  • The Board unanimously resolved to accept and pay the April 2019's bill for the consultant Jean-Philippe Béland for a total of $3,725.19.

Old Business[edit]

  • Digital visibility. Jean-François Pilon is absent at this moment of the meeting.
  • Review of the Communications Policy. Still awaiting the first meeting of the Communications Committee. Jean-Philippe Béland will talk with Benoit Rochon and send a Framadate for Benoit Rochon, Anne-Hélène Mai and Ru Yi Gu.
  • Report of Bénévoles d'affaires Committee. Anne Maury accepted the mandate for translation. Ha-Loan Phan will develop a list of tasks and to be confirmed the number of hours she is ready to work. The Committee received a candidate for the mandate for fundraising, but is not certain that the profile is suitable with the available information. Ha-Loan Phan will ask the candidate for a introduction letter before giving an interview. The Board is asking the Bénévoles d'affaires Committee to produce a tracking document for the volunteers from Bénévoles d'affaires, including who is doing what and the requirements. Ha-Loan Phan will take care of it.
  • Individual grant request to the Wikimedia Foundation. The question was to know if it was helping or hindering Wikimedia Canada when Canadians are requesting individual grants from the Wikimedia Foundation. We don't have any news from the Wikimedia Foundation on that topic and we are doubting that we will receive any. Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf proposed that Wikimedia Canada should be more integrated in the individual grant requests to the Wikimedia Foundation. Benoit Rochon proposed to offer the people requesting grants to serve as "fiscal sponsor". The Board would like that the Wikimedia Foundation informs Wikimedia Canada when a request is from Canada. Ha-Loan Phan asked to propose to the Wikimedia Foundation to add a line in their process to ask the people requesting grants if they have communicated with the local chapter.
  • Call for multiterritorial projects in digital cultural development by the Culture and Communications Ministry of Quebec. The request has been declined. Benoit Rochon mentions that there are other opportunities in New Brunswick (the deadline is already past) and in Manitoba (the Programs Committee is exploring the possibility). The Board discussed the possibility to create a list of contacts with university librarians throughout Canada. Benoit Rochon will create a Wikimedia Canada mailing list for this.
  • Date for the next Annual General Meeting (AGM). For this year, the Executive Committee decided to keep the AGM in Autumn. Benoit Rochon proposed in October. Considering the different timezones, the Board decided to hold the AGM during a weekend. The Board unanimously agreed to hold the AGM on 19 October 2019.

New Business[edit]

  • Banner and/or blackout of French Wikipedia in response to the European Directive on Copyright. The decision on Wikipedia didn't acheive the necessary 75% of approbation.
  • Vote for the affiliate-selected Board seats. The candidates are officially nominated. Benoit Rochon will make a spreadsheet where the Board members will be able to rank each candidate from 1 to 10 (or leave blank). The Board members have until midnight on 25 May to do so.
  • Developing a tasks list for the consultant. Benoit Rochon proposed to create a working group including Benoit Rochon, Jean-François Pilon, Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf, Michael David Miller and Jean-Philippe Béland. The first meeting will be on 20 May.
  • Signature of the memorandum of understanding with Library and Archives Canada. The signature will happen on 13 May 2019 in Montreal during the GLAM Summit 2019 organized by Library and Archives Canada.
  • Process for payments and reimbursements. Benoit Rochon and Guillaume Lafrance proposed to lighten the workload of the Treasurer for the individual payments. Ha-Loan Phan asked for a written process. Benoit Rochon is volunteer to make the individual Interac transfers. Guillaume Lafrance will keep a monthly tracking and continue to make the financial statements. Jean-Philippe Béland will write a process that will be propose at the next Board meeting for official approval.
  • Absenteeism on the Board. The Board discussed which actions to undertake about the absenteeism at the Board meetings. The Board agreed that after two consecutive absence, a disciplinary reminding letter will be send by the Executive Committee. If the absence is still on-going for a third consecutive time, the case will be discussed by the Board and may lead to a vote for removal of the Board. The Board could then appoint a new Board member as replacement.
  • Board meetings at fixed date. The Board agreed to hold Board meetings at fixed dates. The choice ended up on the first Monday of every month (next meetings: 5 August and 7 October).

Discussions and announcements[edit]

NIL.