< ProgramsJump to navigation Jump to search
Date and location
- Date: 24 février 2019
- Location: Online
- Amber Berson
- Benoit Rochon
- Caroline Savard
- Michael David Miller
- Jean-François Pilon (Chair)
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Jean-Michel Lapointe
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
- Marie D. Martel
- Jean-Philippe Béland (consultant)
- APG 2018 H2: The last grant request has been approved.
- APG 2019: Jean-Philippe Béland gave a report on the budget. There is a grant request to be discussed for pre-approval, Indigenous New Media Artists Wikipedia-Edit-A-Thon. Questions have been raised by members of the committee by email about if Wikimedia Canada wants to pay for honorariums or not. The committee is comfortable to reimburse for transport fees, lodging and meals, but not necessarily for honorariums. Amber Berson will talk with the requester to ask them to change their request. The committee would like to discuss about honorariums during a future meeting. The grant request Various expenses from Benoit Rochon has been approved.
- Rapid Grant for multimedia equipment for Manawan: There is still an amount of $327.97 for transport into the territory to take pictures and videos. An extension has been approved by the Wikimedia Foundation until the 31 July 2019. The final report is due on 30 August 2019.
- 1lib1ref: Marie D. Martel is absent. Michael David Miller noted the participation of libraries outside of Quebec this year. An institute in Quebec City won the friendly competition. Jean-Philippe Béland is asking the organizers to produce a short report with the results for the Wikimedia Canada Activity Report.
- WikiCheese at the Modercai-Richler Library: See the activity report of the page of the grant request.
- Uses of Wikipedia in library at the Central Library of the UQAM: Jean-Michel Lapointe is absent.
- International Francophone Contribution Month: 8 countries have confirmed their participation, a total of 15 are currently in discussion. There is little participation from France this year, but more activities in Africa and Canada. Michael David Miller will add his event of the Francofête. Caroline Savard will add the event of the Musée nationale des beaux-arts de Québec (MNBAQ).
- Art+Feminism: Jean-Philippe Béland reports that several activites are planned in Canada without any connections made with Wikimedia Canada. We can see them on the website of Art+Feminism. Jean-Philippe added them to the Wikimedia Canada public event calendar. Michael David miller, with a teacher, is hosting a contribution workshop titled McGill Sexo-Somatic Technologies and Feminist Art on 13 March 2019. Jean-Philippe will add it to the calendar. Amber Berson give a summary of the 34 activities planned in Canada.
- Uses of Commons in library at the UdeM: This activity is planned at 100% for the 25 March from 13h to 16h by Jean-Michel Lapointe and will happen during the exhbition Poirier.
- Uses of Wikidata in library: Jean-Michel Lapointe is organizing this activity. No location has been selected yet, but the event will take place at the beginning of June. Jean-Michel is looking for librarians that have done projects with Wikidata.
- Creative Commons Global Summit: Jean-Michel Lapointe will participate at the Creative Commons Global Summit in Lisbonne in May. He believes that the Wikimedia Foundation will be present and that there will be activities around the Strategy 2030. Jean-Michel is asking if he can represent Wikimedia Canada. The committee agreed.
- Francofête 2019: Michael David Miller is organizing three introductory Wikipedia workshops during the Francofête at McGill University.
- Wikimedia Summit 2019: Michael David Miller will represent Wikimedia Canada at the Wikimedia Summit 2019 in Berlin.
- Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ): In Montreal, the Mardi c'est Wiki are still happening. Benoit Rochon will give a training to the librarians and archivists. In Quebec City, there is nothing new. In Gatineau, Jean-Philippe Béland met with the coordinator who will give a training in class at Université du Québec en Outaouais (UQO) about Wikipédia/Commons/Wikisource during a course on museology. Jean-Philippe will train her. Furthermore a workshop is planned with BAnQ Gatineau during the International Francophone Contribution Month.
- Library and Archives Canada (LAC): No change since last meeting. An institutional memorandum of understanding between WMCA and LAC is being reviewed by the management of LAC.
- Musée national des beaux-arts de Québec (MNBAQ): Nothing to report.
Nothing to report.
Follow up of questions from last meeting