< ProgramsJump to navigation Jump to search
Date and location
- Date: 29 April 2019
- Location: Online
- Amber Berson
- Benoit Rochon (chaired the meeting)
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
- Caroline Savard
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Jean-Michel Lapointe (Chair)
- Laura French
- Marie D. Martel
- Michael David Miller
- Stacy Allison-Cassin
- Jean-Philippe Béland (consultant)
- APG 2019: Jean-Philippe Béland gave a report on the budget. There was only one new grant request for $250 since last meeting. This now represents 40% of the budget for the activities spent.
- Rapid Grant for multimedia equipment for Manawan: No change since the last meeting. There is still $662 to spend before 31 July.
- International Francophone Contribution Month: There was a total of 67 workshops in 18 countries. We encouraged people to use more the dashboard, but not everybody used it (approximately 40% used it). Next year, we will push more for its use. Something new is that the dashboard now gives the privilege of accounts creator.
- Art+Feminism: Almost all events created a dashboard and nearly 70% used it (the rest didn't really understand how to use this tool). Trainings on the dashboard were offered freely to organizers. The workshops in Montreal went very well and new contributors were referred to the Wiki Tuesdays. The final statistics will come later.
- GLAM Summit in Montreal organized by LAC: On 13 May 2019, LAC is organizing a GLAM Summit (not to be confused with GLAM-Wiki specifically). WMCA will sign a memorandum of understanding at this moment with LAC. We are still waiting for information from LAC. Representatives from WMCA will be present, but otherwise we are not involved in this event per se.
- Wikipedia Workshop on the 50 years of the Rioux Report: On 16 May 2019, Jean-Michel Lapointe is organizing this event at UQAM with Anne-Marie. The event should have a duration of 1h30.
- GLAM Summit in Toronto: On 23 May 2019, Stacy Allison-Cassin is organizing this event.
- Wikiphotography Conference with Jacques Nadeau at Plateau-Mont-Royal Library: On 6 June 2019, the photo-journalist Jacques Nadeau will participate to a Wikiphotography Conference. This is a new format of demonstration, but there is not part dedicated to that contribution from the public. The event should have a duration of 2h. The entrance is free.
- Uses of Wikidata in library at the ETS Library: On 7 June 2019, Jean-Michel Lapointe is organizing this event.
- 100th Anniversary of the National Archives of Quebec in 2020: The format of the event is still to be determined. There will be an archivist responsible for the project at each archives centre. The intent is that Wikimedia projects are used to upload files (Commons, Wikisource, etc.). The idea is to have a series of activities in all centres throughout the year.
- Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ): Nothing new to report.
- Library and Archives Canada (LAC): A memorandum of understanding will be officially signed between LAC and WMCA during the GLAM Summit on 13 May 2019 in Montreal, Quebec.
Follow up of questions from last meeting
- Honorariums: The discussion is moved to the next meeting.
- Call for projects in education - Intergovernmental cooperation in francophonie between Manitoba and Quebec: No news.
- Project to import data from Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) in Wikimedia Commons: Benoit Rochon talked with Pierre Choffet who agreed. There needs to be a meeting between him and Miguel Tremblay to prepare the project. More information to follow.
- New members of the Committee: The Committee agreed to invite Laura French and Stacy Allison-Cassin to become members of the Committee. To be officially approved during a following meeting if they agree.
- Dates of the meetings: The Committee agreed to hold meetings every last Monday of the month instead of sending Doodle/Framadate.
Discussions and announcements