Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums (GLAM) professionals, Wikipedians, and community members are invited to a one-day summit focused on the ways Wikimedia projects such as Wikipedia, Wikidata, and the Wikimedia Commons can increase the impact of collections and provide opportunities for community engagement.
Participants will hear examples and find inspiration of the ways the Wikimedia projects are actively being used and the different pathways this participation can take. A keynote talk will be delivered by Effie Kapsalis, Smithsonian Institute. Other speakers will include Benoit Rochon, Wikimedia Canada; Dawn Bazely, York University, Amy Furness, the Art Gallery of Ontario, and John Dupuis, York University.
There will also be opportunities for discussion and workshopping on Wikimedia project strategies for GLAM institutions.
This meeting is an extension of the Music in Canada @ 150 Wikipedia project.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/426784844752026/
The Summit will be held on Thursday, May 23rd, 2019.
- The Summit will be held at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario.
- LIB405 (4th floor), Ryerson University Library & Archives, 350 Victoria Street.
- See on a map
|9 am - 9:15 am||Welcome & Introduction||Carol Shepstone, University Library, Ryerson; Stacy Allison-Cassin, York University|
|9:15 am - 10:00 am||Keynote||Effie Kapsalis, Senior Digital Program Officer, Smithsonian Institute|
|10:00 am - 10:20 am||Break||Everyone|
|10:20 am - 12:00 pm||Wikimedia Canada & GLAM initiatives||Benoit Rochon, Wikimedia Canada|
|12:00 pm - 12:45 pm||Lunch||Everyone|
|12:45 pm - 2:00 pm||Panel: GLAM models for participation: Campaigns, and Wikimedian-in-Residence||Amy Furness, Art Gallery of Ontario; Dawn Bazely, York University; John Dupuis, York University, Alex Jung, University of Toronto|
|2:00 pm - 2:15 pm||Break||Everyone|
|2:15 pm - 3:45 pm||"Birds of a Feather" break-out group discussions||Everyone|
|3:45 pm - 4:00 pm||Closing||Organizing Team|
- Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/glam-wiki-summit-toronto-tickets-59786331527#tickets
- Registration fee is $25 and covers coffee breaks and lunch.
- Ryerson Summer Accommodations https://www.ryerson.ca/summer-stay/
- Chelsea Hotel, 33 Gerrard Street West http://www.chelseatoronto.com/en/ tel.416-595-1975
- Courtyard Marriott Toronto Downtown, 475 Yonge Street http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yyzcy-courtyard-toronto-downtown/ tel.416-924-0611, 1-800-847-5075
- BlogTO has a decent guide to neighbourhoods https://www.blogto.com/neighbourhoods/
- Smallison (talk) 02:49, 2 April 2019 (UTC) Stacy Allison-Cassin, York University
- Trina Grover, Ryerson University
- Loren Fantin, Our Digital World
- Monfaz Monica Fazekas, Western University
- Allanaaaaaaa - Allana Mayer, OurDigitalWorld