|Province ||Time zone|
|British Columbia||20:00 PDT|
|Ontario, Quebec||23:00 EDT|
| New Brunswick, Nova Scotia,
Prince Edward Island
|Newfoundland and Labrador||00:30 NDT|
A board meeting is planned on 4 September 2013 at 19:00 EDT (Ottawa time). The meeting will take place electronically via Skype and in person at the Grande Bibliothèque in Montreal. You will be able to read the minutes in the days following the meeting.
Only members of the board of directors may attend and those invited to participate. If you can not use Skype, please email Alan Walker to arrange a telephone connection.
- Attending @ Grande Bibliothèque Alan.ca (talk) 01:01, 28 August 2013 (EDT)
- Amqui (talk) 00:03, 30 August 2013 (EDT)
- Eclecticology (talk) 06:38, 31 August 2013 (EDT)
Meeting time is 90 minutes
- Report from the Secretary on conversion to CiviCRM for membership records (10 minutes)
- Volunteer Recruitment Challenge 2013 (10 Minutes)
- Membership drive 2013 (10 Minutes)
- Annual meeting 2013 (15 Minutes)
- Charity Application (20 Minutes)
- Counsel (5 minutes)
- Continuance (20 minutes)
- New bylaws for Wikimedia Canada (20 Minutes)
- Wikimedia Canada Board meeting
- 4 September 2013
- Location: Montreal & Skype
- Linda Chew (Treasurer),
- Jeffery Nichols (Secretary),
- Bonoit Rochon,
- Ray Saintonge,
- Alan Walker (President)
- Jean-Philippe Béland
- Chaired by: Alan Walker
- Prepared by: Jeffery Nichols
- Purpose: This was a general purpose meeting.
Alan opened the meeting at 19:20 EST.
Jeff reported that the member list has largely been transferred to CRM, and work should be completed before the next meeting.
JP presented his plan for Membership drive 2013 with milestone due dates on 15 September, 15 October, and 27 October and a commitment to call all members before the AGM. The plan was supported. Alan recommended that Jeff and JP meet within the next few days to coordinate the plan.
Alan reported that the 2013 Annual General Meeting is in planning. He noted that we need a strategy for voting. If there is an in-person component to the meeting, it will be held in Montreal. Ideas for the meeting should be solicited on a wiki discussion page.
Volunteer Recruitment Challenge
Alan tasked each board member to recruit a volunteer who would consider one day taking on board responsibilities. This should be done by the end of 2013.
Alan reported that a law firm has volunteered to help us transition to the new Act and finishing the application for charity status.
Alan presented the draft version of the new bylaws, which are in accordance with the new Act. Some suggestions have already been submitted for consideration. He requested any additional suggestions to be sent within the next few days.
- Please note that the provinces in this table are for guidance only, since some have two time zones (e.g., The Magdalen Islands and the south-eastern part of British Columbia are not in the same time zone as their provinces). Please refer to your time zone instead of your province.