< MeetingsJump to navigation Jump to search
|General meetings||2019 AGM|
|Board meetings||February 18 • May 6 • August 5 • October 7 • November 4|
|← full list of meetings|
Date and location
- Date: 4 November 2019
- Time: 19:00 EDT
- Location: Online
- Amber Berson
- Benoit Rochon (Chair of the meeting)
- Jean-Michel Lapointe
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
- Michael David Miller
- Sarah Severson
- Guillaume Lafrance (Treasurer)
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Stacy Allison-Cassin
- Jean-Philippe Béland (Consultant)
Election of the Executive Committee
- President: Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf is acclaimed as President.
- Vice President: Michael David Miller is acclaimed as Vice President.
- Secretary: Amber Berson is acclaimed as Secretary.
- Treasurer: Guillaume Lafrance is appointed Treasurer and non voting member of the Board according to the decision of the members at the last AGM.
- The Board unanimously resolved to accept and pay the October 2019's bill from the consultant Jean-Philippe Béland for a total of $8,213.15
- Digital visibility. The Board will ask Jean-François Pilon if he still want to manage this file.
- Review of the Communications Policy. Jean-Philippe Béland prepared a Communications Plan. Board members will review it with the goal to review the Communications Policy.
- Budget surplus for the contractuals. The Board discussed about a sponsorship plan. Jean-Philippe Béland received a few quotes. It is necessary to create a Funding Committee to discuss this and organize a meeting this week.
- Creation of two wings (anglophone and francophone) for WMCA. The Board, instead of creating two committees, wishes to make the Programs Committee bilingual. The first half of the Programs Committee meetings in one language and the second half in the other language with a clear agenda.
- Annual Plan Grant 2020 request to the WMF. The application for the annual plant grant has been officially made by Jean-Philippe Béland on Meta-Wiki. More to follow after the review by the sAPG Committee and the WMF.
- Creation of wikimedia.ca accounts for new Board members. Benoit Rochon will create the accounts for the new Board members.
- Time and frequency of Board meeetings. Every three months on the first Monday of the month at 7pm (Eastern time).
- Required personal information from new Board members. Jean-Philippe Béland will send an email to collect required personal information from new Board members.
- Signature of Roles and responsibilities of the directors of Wikimedia Canada. Board members were notified that they must sign the talk page of the policy.
- Rapid Grant for the Hamilton WikiClub. Wikimedia Canada will act as a "fiscal sponsor" for the Rapid Grant request for the Healh and Science Editing Initiative of the Hamilton WikiClub. This request was already approved by the WMF.
- Formal notice. Wikimedia Canada received a formal notice that was also sent to the Wikimedia Foundation concerning some content on the English Wikipedia. Since Wikimedia Canada has no editorial authority and doesn't host the website, we have nothing to do with this notice. We asked the advice from the legal department of the WMF.