< ProgramsJump to navigation Jump to search
Date and location
- Date: 25 November 2019
- Location: Online
- Benoit Rochon (board member) (Montreal WikiClub referent) (chairs the meeting)
- Caroline Savard (Quebec City WikiClub referent)
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf (board member)
- Sarah Severson (board member)
- Thérèse Ottawa (WikiClub Metapeckeka referent)
- Jean-Michel Lapointe (board member) (Chair of the committee)
- Denise Smith (Hamilton WikiClub referent)
- Ha-Loan Phan (board member)
- Michael David Miller (board member)
- Stacy Allison-Cassin) (board member) (Toronto WikiClub referent)
- Luc Patin (WikiClub Metapeckeka)
- Jean-Philippe Béland (consultant) (Ottawa-Gatineau WikiClub referent)
- APG 2019. No change since last meeting. There is still approximately $450 to spend before the end of the year for the general programs and $75 for Indigenous projects.
- Rapid Grant for multimedia material for Manawan. The final report was submitted on Meta-Wiki: Report.
- Rapid Grant Health and Science Editing Initiatve of Hamilton WikiClub. The agreement was signed with the WMF and the funds (2,557 CAD) should be received soon.
National and International Campaigns
- Wiki Loves Monuments. See the 10 Canadian} winners on Commons: Canadian winners. We need to find volunteers to organize the 2020 edition. We are not sure to be able to organize it without finding volunteers.
- WikiForHumanRights. This is a campaign organized by the WMF from 15 November to 30 January. They are inviting us to host edit-a-thons about human rights. Nothing is planned in Canada as of yet. Maybe we can propose to make the "Mardi, c'est Wiki !" at the Grande Bibliothèque in December to be part of this campaign.
Overview of the activities that happened since last meeting
- Wikipedia Contribution Day as part of the 50th Anniversary of UQAM.
- "Mardi, c'est Wiki !" at the Grande Biblitohèque.
- Chaoui Wiktionary Workshop.
- Art+Feminism Contribution Day at Artexte.
- "Jeudi, c'est Wiki à Québec".
- Wiki Wednesday at the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec.
- Workshop about important female figures of the history of Montreal organized by FLG. See the report.
Recent and on-going major activities
- International Francophone Contribution Month. Organized by WikiFranca. We are looking for volunteers to organized local francophone activities in March 2020.
- 100th Anniversary of the Quebec National Archives. There are 11 BAnQ archives centres in Quebec. BAnQ would like that we host wiki activities in each centre thoughout the year. We could explore funding ideas in order to reimburse Wikipedians to go to more isolated centres.
- WikiClub Metapeckeka. Beginning in September, the WikiClub will host a monthly activity on each last Monday of the month (instead of twice per month like before since there is not a lot of participation). We did scan pictures in the past, and we plan to do it again next year. For example, pictures taken by a filmmaker vising Manawan were uploaded to Commons: Category:Photos by Pierre Hivon. An important Atikamekw person accepted to become the Wikipetcia Atikamekw Nehiromowin project coordinator. He will start his work, funded by the Manawan Education Services, in a few days. The intent is mainly to integrate the other Atikamekw communities and to give a boost to the project.
- Montreal WikiClub. The WikiClub hosted several activities recently. There is a Red Carpet Project coming up at the Université de Montréal. Also, there will be a feminist workshop with the Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal on 17 November 2019 and a WikiCheese at the Plateau-Mont-Royal Library on 19 December 2019.
- Ottawa-Gatineau WikiClub (francophone section). Nothing to report.
- Quebec City WikiClub. The last "Jeudi, c'est Wiki à Québec" was relatively successful with a dozen participants. It was about semantic wiki. We are thinking about new ideas. Our partners are BAnQ, the Université Laval, and the Archives de Québec. Caroline Savard is looking for volunteers having a good understanding of Wikidata.
- Acfas. Nothing new.
- BAnQ. Nothing more to mention.
- Fondation Lionel-Groulx. Nothing more to mention.
- Société d'histoire d'Asbestos. More to follow.
Overview of the activities that happened since last meeting
- Wikipedia 101 Training: How to read and write Wikipedia article at Concordia University.
Major recent and on-going activities
Major upcoming activities
- Hamilton WikiClub. Nobody from Hamilton WikiClub is present. The WikiClub is leading a Health and Science Editing Initiative. The edit-a-thon on pharmacology planned for last month is postponed.
- Ottawa-Gatineau WikiClub (anglophone section). Nothing to report.
- Toronto WikiClub. Nobody from Toronto WikiClub is present. The WikiClub is very active, especially with university librarians. There is a Trans Awareness Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon planned on 28 November 2019.
- Concordia University Wikipedian in Residence. There are upcoming activities on 6 December on Wikidata and on 9 December on Wikipedia.
- BAC-LAC. Nothing to report.
- Anti-Harassment Working Group. Amber Berson wants to initiate this working group, but she is absent. Wikimedia Canada received an harassment complaint from a user online on Wikimedia projects and so far we referred the complainant to the Trust & Safety Committee of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Weather Data Project. An agreement was signed between Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) and Wikimedia Canada for this project until 2021. Wikimedia Canada is managing the project and Pierre Choffet is executing it.
- GLAM-Wiki Summit 2020. No more information yet on the GLAM Summit organized by LAC.
- Mailing list for the Programs Committee. Benoit Rochon will create a mailing list for the Programs Committee.
- APG and Annual Plan 2020. The APG request was submitted to the Wikimedia Foundation.
- WikiConference North America 2020. As announced, the WikiConference North America 2020 will be hosted in Canada. More details to follow.
- Sarah Severson mentions her intent to host an Art+Feminism workshop in March and also to organize photographic hunts in Edmonton. More long term, she wishes to create an Edmonton WikiClub. A "WikiClub in discussion" page will be create on the wiki.
Date of the next meeting
- There will be no meeting in December. A survey will be sent to determine the new fixed date for 2020.