My name is Denise Smith. Here's what you might like to know about me:
- An academic health sciences librarian at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- I instruct a third-year undergraduate course at McMaster University that uses Wikipedia to explore health issues with an interdisciplinary lens and gives students a sense of agency as information consumers AND producers. From September to December course participants will add #macbhsc2019 to their edit summaries.
- A co-founder of the Hamilton WikiClub, under Wikimedia Canada
- A doctoral candidate in Library and Information Sciences (LIS) with Wikipedia use as my area of research
- Gradually working towards becoming a more active editor on Wikipedia and Wikidata by making any contributions of value that fall within my skill set or expertise.
Feel free to ask me about my research interests or for comment on qualitative research methods, systematic reviews, health librarianship and information/digital literacy. I am interested in information literacy, community engagement, and consumer health information for patient empowerment.