< MeetingsJump to navigation Jump to search
|General meetings||2018 AGM|
|Board meetings||February 18 • May 6 • August 5 • October 7 • November 4|
|← full list of meetings|
Date and location
- Date: 22 February 2018
- Time: 18:30 EDT
- Location: Online
- Benoit Rochon (President)
- Jean-Philippe Béland (Vice-President)
- Charlotte Badin (Secretary)
- Antoine Beaubien
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
- Marie D. Martel
- Guillaume Lafrance (Treasurer)
- Philippe-Olivier Daniel
- 59 active members. The number went down because of the new year.
WMF Strategy Direction Endorsement
- The President wrote to Nicole Ebber to inform her that WMCA is abstaining at this moment from endorsing the strategic direction. The Board will re-assess the situation after the Wikimedia Conference.
Wikimedia Conference 2018
- Two members of the Board of WMCA will attend. They will produce a document for the Board to summarize the content. The dates are from 20 to 22 April 2018 in Berlin, Germany.
Final report for the Annual Plan Grant 2017
- The final report for the Annual Plan Grant 2017 has been submitted to the WMF. The President and the Vice-President will meet with Morgan Jue from the WMF to discuss the Activity Report 2017.
Activity Report 2018
- Jean-Philippe Béland created the page for the Activity Report 2018. He reminds to everybody to add their activities as they happen throughout the year.
WikiProject Weather Observations
- An organization, the Canadian Meteorological Centre, want to make a substantial donation to WMCA that will serve for the salary of one individual to liberate data from Environment Canada on Wikidata. An individual has already been identified, Antoine Lamielle. More information to follow. A meeting will be organized between him and Benoit Rochon, Jean-Philippe Béland and Guillaume Lafrance.
In-person Board meeting
- Charlotte Badin reminds the Board members to complete the Doodle to fix the date for the in-person board meeting. So far, the dates that are leading are 8 to 10 June 2018. She is also asking others for suggestions since she is beginning to organize it. She will create a common working document.
- More information is required from Philippe-Olivier Daniel about the issue to know if Wikimedia Canada is a soliciting organization.
- We need to find the resources to obtain the charity status as soon as possible. The Executive Committee will discuss this issue at its next meeting.
- The 87th Congress of the Acfas will be hosted at the UQO in May 2019. The discussions are beginning about the participation of WMCA. There will be a call for participation in October 2018.
- Ha-Loan Phan gave a training session to around 10 staff of Loto-Québec.
- BAnQ is organizing the Congress of Archivists of Quebec from 30 May to 1st June 2018 in Drummondville. They invited WMCA to have a table. Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf will follow-up to know if she can participate. There is a fee and it is not part of WMCA's budget.
- There has been a nice participation from Quebec to #1Lib1Ref. Anne-Marie Boisvert, a librairian of BAnQ, made near to 300 additions.