|General meetings||2017 AGM|
|Board meetings||January 6 • February 19 • March 8 • March 27 • April 18 • May 9 • May 30 • June 20 • July 11 • July 25 • August 1 • August 16 • September 21 • December 19|
|← full list of meetings|
Date and location
- Date: 16 August 2017
- Time: 19:00-21:05 EDT
- Location: Online
- Benoit Rochon (President)
- Jean-Philippe Béland (Vice President)
- Guillaume Lafrance
- Antoine Beaubien
- Charlotte Badin
- Marie D. Martel
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
- 54 active members ; 5 members have to renew
Resolution #2017-012 The Board unanimously approved the Reimbursement Form (RF# 2017-006) of Benoit Rochon to the amount of 2,537.62 CAD. Benoit Rochon recused himself from this decision.
Election of officers
The Board unanimously elected the following persons to the offices indicated next to their names to serve until their successor(s) shall be duly elected or appointed, unless he or she resigns, is removed from office or is otherwise disqualified from serving as an officer of Wikimedia Canada, to take their respective office(s) immediately upon such appointment:
- President: Benoit Rochon
- Vice President: Jean-Philippe Béland
- Secretary: Charlotte Badin
- Treasurer: Guillaume Lafrance
The Board unanimously resolved to appoint the following persons to chair the committees indicated next to their names until their successor shall be duly appointed by the board, unless he or she resigns from this role or is removed by the board, to take their respective role(s) immediately upon such appointment:
- IT Committee: Antoine Beaubien
- Finance Committee: Guillaume Lafrance
- Project and Local Groups Committee: Jean-Philippe Béland
- Communications Committee: Benoit Rochon
The Board agreed in principle to the creation of a new committee for Volunteers/Membership.
The Board identified the following priorities:
- IT priority: Take control of access to G-Suite and deactivate all accounts that are not part of the board of directors as well as to change email aliases and email accesses (i.e. email@example.com).
- Finance priority: Transfer of PayPal and bank accounts.
- Communication priority: Find an Anglophone to co-chair the Communications Policy.
- Secretary priority: Update Industry Canada with the new board of directors.
The Board agreed in principle to revise the Reimbursement Policy.
Board meeting frequency
The Board voted to decide the frequency of board meetings. After the vote, it was agreed that board meetings will be held every three (3) months, understanding that the board can hold extraordinary meetings, at a fixed date on the third week of the month.
The Board asked Benoit Rochon to talk to BAnQ regarding access cards.
The Board asked Benoit Rochon to talk to BAnQ regarding insurances and allowed the Executive to take a decision based upon this discussion.