Meetings/2017-03-08

From Wikimedia Canada
Jump to: navigation, search
Recent meetings
General meetings 2017 AGM
Board meetings January 6February 19March 8March 27April 18May 9May 30June 20July 11July 25August 1August 16
Committee meetings
← full list of meetings


Meeting Information[edit]

  • Location: Google Hangout
  • Date: 8 March 2017
  • Time: 18:00 (EST) (delayed to 18:55 to accommodate meeting with WMF)
  • Agenda: Board Members Action Items List (to follow-up)

Participants[edit]

  1. Benoit Rochon (President)
  2. Jean-Philippe Béland (Vice President)
  3. David Fourney (Treasurer)
  4. Jeffery Nichols (Secretary)
  5. Patrick Paul
  6. Antoine Beaubien
  7. James Heilman
  8. Ha-Loan Phan
Absent
  1. Philippe-Olivier Daniel

Minutes[edit]

  • Meeting opened at: 18:55
  • Meeting chaired by: JP Béland
  • Minutes: JP motions to accept the minutes of the previous Board Meeting as written. Benoit seconds. Nothing to blackout. No opposition, motion accepted.

Standing items[edit]

Membership Update[edit]

  • Secretary

No changes.

Budget update[edit]

  • Treasurer

PayPal balance +$20. Current balance in bank account 12,894,37.?

Old business[edit]

Strategic Plan[edit]

  • Benoit Rochon

On-going.

WMCA soliciting incorporation[edit]

  • Treasurer

David sent the details to all Board Members by email. Guillaume, our accountant, agrees that we are a Soliciting Corporation. The law requires us to do one of two types of audit: review or audit. The difference is the level of review, it is our choice. But our members can choose the forms of audit, but it would need to be unanimous to vote to not have an audit, which is unrealistic.

Committees[edit]

  • JP Béland

Benoit is working to form a communication committee and is recruiting new people for that. Patrick Paul will work to form an IT committee. JP will work to form a projects/GLAM/local groups committee. David will work to form a finance committee. Each person identified need to write a few sentences describing their committee and what authorities will be delegated to them from the Board. Then the Board will officially create the committees. Those will be the “Standing Committees” of WMCA.

Membership Policy[edit]

  • Jeffery Nichols

Benoit uses a hard copy form to recruit members during events. He suggests that we should all do that. Jeffery will review the paper form with David to make sure it fits.

Jeffery will work to communicate the new policy with the members, as it is effective on March 31.

Wikimania[edit]

  • Antoine Beaubien

The Board met with Ellie before the Board Meeting and talked about Wikimania. See notes.

Bylaws review[edit]

  • POD

POD is absent. Benoit will contact him.

New business[edit]

Claims[edit]

  • Treasurer

David asked all the Board Members to finalize their claim forms and to upload the receipts. Members will be reimbursed through PayPal.

Discussion points and announcements[edit]

Nil.

Closing[edit]

JP motions to close the meeting. Benoit seconds. Meeting closed at 1940.

Next meeting: 27 March 2017, 18:00 (EDT)

New Action Items / Deliverables[edit]

Action Who Due
Review the draft Strategic Plan All 8 Mar 17
Report back on Soliciting Corporation status Treasurer 8 Mar 17
Complete Standing Committees document with definition of the committee(s) you are in charge of All 8 Mar 17
Report back to the Board on revision of General By-Laws General Counsel 8 Mar 17