|Province ||Time zone|
|British Columbia||17:00 PDT|
|Ontario, Quebec||20:00 EDT|
|New Brunswick, Nova Scotia,
Prince Edward Island
|Newfoundland and Labrador||21:30 NDT|
A board meeting is planned on Oct 10th, 2012 at 20:00 EDT (Ottawa time). The meeting will take place electronically via Skype. All directors will receive an email to their Wikimedia Canada email account with instructions on how to connect to the meeting. You will be also able to read read the minutes in the days following the meeting.
Only members of the board of directors may attend and those invited to give input. If you can not use Skype, please email James Heilman to arrange a telephone connection.
- Doc James 13:09, 3 October 2012 (EDT)
- Benoit Rochon 09:04, 9 October 2012 (EDT)
- Eclecticology 23:23, 9 October 2012 (EDT)
- Alan.ca 08:20, 10 October 2012 (EDT)
- Linda Chew 15:04, 10 October 2012 (EDT)
- Jeffery Nichols (Arctic.gnome) (talk) 16:12, 10 October 2012 (EDT)
- Charity status
- Application to the FDC
- Brief summary of Wiki Loves Monuments
- World Health Organization, Coventry, Cancer Research UK
- Wikimedia Canada Board meeting
- 10 October 2012
- Location: Skype and telephone
- Present: James Heilman (President), Alan Walker (Vice-President), Jeffery Nichols (Secretary), Linda Chew (Treasurer), Ray Saintonge, Bonoit Rochon
- Prepared by: Jeffery Nichols
- Purpose: This was a general purpose meeting.
James opened the meeting at 20:00 EDT.
Application to the Funds Dissemination Committee
Alan gave the Board an overview of the process for appling to the WMF's new Funds Dissemination Committee and where he and Linda were in that process.
Alan recommended that the Board hold a special meeting in November to create a formal plan for 2013.
Alan proposed that WMCA develop a plan for fundraising outside of other Wikimedia organizations. A discussion session ensued about options. The consensus was that WMCA should be able to apply for project-specific grants outside of the WMF and also attract small donations from Wikimedia users for general-purpose funds. Ray and Jeff agreed to investigate options by the next Board meeting.
Resolution: Ray, assisted by Jeff, will report at least two ideas to raise $5000 at the next Board meeting.
- Passed 6-0
1st annual report
Linda reported on the progress of the 1st annual report and listed items still needing completion by Board members. She aims to have it completed by the special November meeting.
Wiki Loves Monuments summary
Benoit reported that the contest broke the world record set by last year's contest, and this year included 5,700 Canadian photos.
James reported on his meeting with the World Health Organization regarding release of their content under a CC licence and putting a Wikimedian in residence in the WHO HQ. He also reported on his talks at universities and the WMF travel guide.
Special November meeting
The Board agreed in principle to hold a special meeting in late November to create the 2013 plan. The meeting will be held in Montreal for those who can make it and via Skype for those who cannot.
The meeting was closed at 21:00 EDT.
- Please note that the provinces in this table are for guidance only, since some have two time zones (e.g., The Magdalen Islands and the south-eastern part of British Columbia are not in the same time zone as their provinces). Please refer to your time zone instead of your province.