Date and location
- Date: 11 November 2017
- Location: Online
- Jean-Philippe Béland (chair)
- Benoit Rochon
- Marie D. Martel
- Charlotte Badin
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
Equipment to purchase:
- A projector with a screen. Done by Benoit Rochon for $1,173.50.
- Two chromebooks. Planned by Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf this week.
- Two rollups Wikimedia Canada in English. Benoit Rochon or Amber Berson will take care of it.
- One camera kit. Planned by Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf for a Nikon TC600 this week.
Activities to be organized:
- WikiCheese. Marie D. Martel is supposed to organize it. Date is to be determined sometime in beginning of December. Benoit Rochon will meet Antoine Letarte to ask him to borrow his lightbox. $150 of cheese will be purchased. The plan for the event is the same as last edition.
- Wiki Takes Quebec City. Benoit Rochon will talk about it on 16 November with BAnQ Québec with Caroline Savard. Jean-Philippe Béland proposes instead to organize a scavenger hunt (Wikidata Query) with local Wikimedians because it is easier to organize than a public event considering the time remaining.
- Remembrance Day in Ottawa. Done. Final budget to follow.
- Workshop with the Governor General. Done. Final budget to follow.
- Possibility of a photographic event organized by Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf.
Trips to meet with GLAM:
- Two meetings with BAnQ Québec and the Quebec City WikiClub. One is planned on 16 November with BAnQ Québec, and with the WikiClub in the evening. The other one is not yet planned.
- Meeting with BAnQ Trois-Rivières. This is not planned in 2017, but the budget will be kept just in case.
- Meeting with BAnQ Sherbrooke. This is not planned in 2017, but the budget will be kept just in case.
- Meeting with Chicoutimi Library. This is planned for Friday 24 November. The group will first go to Quebec City with Jean-Michel Lapointe for a workshop with Université Laval (a separate project) and Marie D. Martel will meet with personnel from the Quebec City Library. The next day, the group will meet with the personnel of Alma Library and the Historic Society with Simon Villeneuve. Sunday, the group will with Mr Tremblay of the Classiques des sciences sociales with Simon Villeneuve. It will also try to meet with somebody from the Chicoutimi Library. Monday, the group will meet with personnel from Cégep d'Alma and maybe with people from Cégep de Chicoutimi. The group can planned for a budget of $988.81 which is within the 20% increase, especially considering that Benoit Rochon cancelled the trips to Sherbrooke and Trois-Rivières. For the part of Quebec City, the budget for the second trip to meet BAnQ Québec can be used. Benoit Rochon can talk to the Quebec City WikiClub to invite them on 24 November at the Félix-Leclerc Library at 15:00.
- One photographic contest in Manawan. Benoit Rochon will contact Thérèse Ottawa again about this.
- One outreach trip to Wemotaci. Benoit Rochon is waiting for the reply of Christian Coocoo. Firstly he wanted to organize a meeting with the Conseil de la Nation Atikamekw in Joliette and inviting Manawan and Wemotaci, but Wikimedia Canada does not have the budget for that. Benoit Rochon asked Christian Coocoo to accompany us to Wemotaci to talk to the school and the education services. Benoit Rochon will talk to Christian Coocoo to organize a phone call.
The request has been officially submitted to the WMF. Wikimedia Canada requested a total of 26,800 USD. It is above of the normal progression of 30%. The WMF asked Wikimedia Canada to slow down. Benoit Rochon and Jean-Philippe Béland made a report to the committee about the situation. The committee agreed to keep the request as is and to cut after if it is the decision of the WMF.
There is still two reimbursement forms left.
Wiki Loves Earth 2017
This grant has been finalized.
Overview of the recent, on-going, upcoming or to-be-planned collaborations with GLAMU:
- More scan-a-thons with BAnQ. Benoit Rochon will talk with Frederic Giuliano.
- Wiki Tuesdays are still on-going.
- Wiki Thursdays are starting in January.
- Sainte-Thérèse Library.
- Several workshops with libraries.
- Possible workshop with the Ottawa Public Library.
- Workshop with Library and Archives Canada on 15 November.
Projects and activities
Overview of recent, on-going or planned projects and activities:
- 100th anniversary of the Centrale de Québec. 90 people registered. The only challenge to solve between now and Thursday is to find someone for the express Wikipedia training. Benoit Rochon sent an e-mail to Ha-Loan Phan and Mathieu Gauthier-Pilote about this, to be confirmed. For the rest, everything is going smoothly.
- The Association des bibliothèques publiques du Québec (ABPQ) is interested in training, workshops and pedagogic material. There is not enough material in French or what is existing is poor.
4 WikiClubs are in discussion. They must hold their first meeting to elect their representatives.
The Ottawa-Gatineau WikiClub is planning its first meeting.
The Montreal WikiClub will be officially launched during WikiCheese.
Discussions and various questions
The Board retreat. Benoit Rochon proposes to hold it from 16 to 18 February. Benoit Rochon will talk to Charlotte Badin to confirm that she is taking care of it. The determination of the date will be on the agenda for the next Board meeting on 19 December.