Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Meeting information
- 2 Minutes
Date and location
- Date: 15 January 2019
- Location: Online
- Benoit Rochon (President)
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf (Vice President)
- Guillaume Lafrance (Treasurer)
- Charlotte Badin (Secretary)
- Jean-François Pilon (Board Member)
- Jean-Philippe Béland (consultant)
- The funds have been received. The total received is 73,451.52 CAD, which includes a reduction of 5,513.48 CAD for amounts that were not spent in 2018 H1, for a total of 73,975 CAD, including a 10% contingency funds.
Wikipedian in Residence at Concordia
- We are received a request. Wikimedia Canada is happy that Concordia involved the chapter for this offer. The committee discussed how to best promote this type of requests to augment the chances that the Wikipedian in residence is a "real" Wikipedian.
Interview request from Le Devoir
- Wikimedia Canada received a request for a interview from Le Devoir. A journalist is interested in the treatment of news topics in Wikipedia.
Recruiting for the Funding and Communications Committees
- For the Communications Committee, Benoit Rochon met with Véronique Ah Sen who speaks five languages and work in communications. She could build a communications plan for Wikimedia Canada. Currently, only Benoit Rochon is on the Communications Committee since James Heilman had to leave it because of his position on the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation. The number of requests is beginning to augment. We still have an open mandate at Bénévoles d'affaires to find a volunteer for the committee. The role of the committee is to animate the social networks and to create a mailing list. Jean-François Pilon volunteered to be part of the committee. Benoit Rochon will call a meeting with himself, Jean-François Pilon, Véronique Ah Sen and Jean-Philippe Béland.
- For the Funding Committee, Benoit Rochon has three persons in mind including one that could preside the committee. More to follow.
- The committee discussed the advantages and the disadvantages of using Mailman or Sarbacane. Most Wikimedia organizations use Mailman, which is a product under a free licence that most Wikipedians are used to. Sarbacane is a paying service. They offered us a certain free service at the beginning. Sarbacane has the advantage to be more colorful while Mailman is text only. Mailman has the advantage to allow everybody to join and send emails, with a possible moderation, while Sarbacane is only one way. The committee decided to go forward with Mailman.
Activity Report 2018
- Jean-Philippe Béland presented the Activity Report 2018 to the committee. It was sent to the whole Board and the Programs Committee by email. It will be officially submitted to the Wikimedia Foundation before the end of the month. He invites the members of the committee to send their comments by email. He mentions that we will need to put more emphasis on the use of the Dashboard in 2019.