Talk:Projects/Archives2/Medical student outreach
If we are going to implement a scholarship, at a minimum I think we need to make it available to any medical student in Canada. Alan.ca 06:53, 16 March 2011 (EDT)
- While I don't oppose this in principle, the earliest that this could possibly be implemented is Sept. 2012. Eclecticology 17:28, 16 March 2011 (EDT)
- Yes things move slow. But all of Canada may be better I agree. --Doc James 18:45, 16 March 2011 (EDT)
I don't think we need travel costs associated with this project. The scholarship should be able to be set up and run without traveling to each of the universities. Alan.ca 18:58, 17 April 2011 (EDT)
- The project is not just about a scholarship but about promoting medical students to contribute to Wikipedia. Thus a face to face presentation at the Universities will be required.--Doc James 20:06, 17 April 2011 (EDT)
- It should be done on Wikipedia (WP) itself. All edits are completely reviewable.
- There is probably a tool to evaluate edits for content... if not one can be written.
- Collaboration is an important part of WP. Working on the real thing... means they have to demonstrate some ability in this respect.
- I would make the prize share-able. If two people do a real great collaboration on one topic -- let them share the prize.
Nephron 22:07, 17 April 2011 (EDT)
- Excellent suggestion and agree that this should take place on Wikipedia. The one problem with involving the French community is that my French is not good enough to make a judgment and I do not know the French Wiki Medical editors. Would like to expand to both languages eventually but as this is only a pilot project will most likely stick with English the first year. --Doc James 04:40, 20 April 2011 (EDT)
Wikipedia is offering
On the poster we read "Wikipedia is offering $1000 in scholarship". Shouldn't it say more "Wikimedia Canada is offering..." ? Amqui 11:50, 3 February 2012 (EST)
- I agree. This is James's project so I'll let him make the change. Eclecticology 16:35, 3 February 2012 (EST)
Is there have been any development in this project ? I saw Sept 2012 mentioned above as a likely date... I'd just like to know what's up with this project in purely personal interest. Thanks, Amqui 18:34, 23 August 2012 (EDT)