Talk:Projects/Archives2/Aboriginal communities outreach
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To offer a scholarship to a native speaker to follow an undergraduate program in teaching an aboriginal language or methodology to record an aboriginal language (see examples below), and having in the scholarship's requirements for the future teacher of the indigenous language to use Wikipedia as a tool or a medium in his/her teaching (also included in the scholarship a session to get familiar with Wikipedia from an experienced Wikipedian).
- Certificate of development in transmission of an Aboriginal language (in French) of the University of Chicoutimi in Quebec
- Aboriginal Language Revitalization Program of the University of Victoria in British Columbia
- Development Standard Term Certificate of the Aboriginal Teacher Education Consortium in British Columbia
- Community Linguist Certificate of the University of Alberta in Edmonton
- Developing a library of Aboriginal languages resources such as dictionaries, lexicons and grammars within Wikimedia Canada to be loaned to contributors by mail (or digitize them if it is legal).
Amqui 01:55, 24 August 2012 (EDT)