Jump to navigation Jump to search
Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act
|Cette page est rédigée en anglais seulement et doit être traduite en français.|
This page shows proposed responses to the questions on the relevant form, and as much as possible reflect what was on our original incorporation. It is a public document.
Form 4031Articles of Continuance (transition)
- 1. Name: Wiki Canada
- 2. Name Change request: not applicable
- 3. Corporation number: 767223-3
- 4. Province of Registered Office: British Columbia
- 5. Number of directors
- Minimum: 5
- Maximum: 20
- 6. Purpose of the corporation
- 1 – To aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or under a license that allows everyone to freely use, distribute and modify said content without the payment of royalties;
- 2 – to collaborate with public and private Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums in making their holdings more broadly and freely available to those interested in an effort to preserve the heritage of Canada;
- 3 – to make use of, encourage the use of, and instruct people in the use of free and open source information resources; either electronic or printed for the advancement of education;
- 4 – to encourage the development and release of these materials in the languages of Canada including but not limited to English, French, and the First Nation's languages.
- 7. Restriction on activities: The property of Wiki Canada is irrevocably dedicated to charitable purposes and no part of its net income or assets shall ever inure to the benefit of any director, officer or members thereof or to the benefit of any private individual.
- 8. Classes etc. of members: none
- 9. Distribution of property on liquidation: Upon the dissolution or winding‐up of Wiki Canada, its assets remaining after payment, or provision for payment, of all its debts and liabilities shall be distributed to one or more registered Canadian charities with similar purposes.
- 10. Additional provisions: none