Annual meeting 2016
|Annual meeting 2016|
|Province ||Time zone|
|British Columbia||11:00 PDT|
|Ontario, Quebec||14:00 EDT|
|New Brunswick, Nova Scotia,
Prince Edward Island
|Newfoundland and Labrador||15:30 NDT|
Date of Meeting
Saturday September 17, 2016 at 14:00 EDT (UTC−4).
Location of Meeting
The Annual Meeting will be held entirely by electronic means via Hangouts in Wikimedia Canada AGM videoconference room.
Minutes of the previous AGM
- Opening business
- Meeting call to order (Interim President)
- Motion to appoint the chair of the meeting, if different than President (Interim President)
- Motion to accept the agenda (Chair)
- Opening remarks (Chair)
- Round-table of introductions of participants with name and city, and optionally username and main wikiproject(s) (all)
- Confirmation of voting rights of members present and quorum (Secretary)
- Motion(s) to allow non members to observe the meeting, if necessary (Chair/any member)
- Reading and acceptance of the previous AGM minutes (Chair)
- Membership Report (Secretary)
- Financial Report (Interim President)
- Dismissal of the Board and Election of Directors
- Motion to dismiss the current Board (Chair) -- if any opposition, motions to dismiss each director individually will occur (Chair)
- Presentation of the nominations of candidates to become a member of the Board of Directors (Chair)*
- Nominations from the floor, if any (any member)
- Motion to close the nominations (Chair)
- Description of the election process (Chair)
- Elections of new directors (Chair/any member)
- Discussions and announcements
- Offices at BAnQ (Interim President)
- Wikimania Montréal (Interim President)
- Wiki Loves Earth (Amqui)
- Atikamekw Project (Amqui)
- Other discussion topics from the floor (any member)**
- Closing business
- Closing remarks (Chair)
- Notice of the date of the next Annual General Meeting (Chair)
- Adjournment of the meeting (Chair)
*While this is not technically mandatory, it is strongly suggested that members who have the intent to be nominated to become director should identify themselves below on this page prior to the meeting.
**New business and announcements brought up by members need to be submitted on the talk page at least seven (7) days before the meeting in order to be added to the agenda.
Candidates must provide their real name.
- Benoit Rochon (talk) 12:14, 20 August 2016 (UTC)
- Ha-Loan Phan (talk) 16:01, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
- Jeffery Nichols (talk) 20:40, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
- Jean-Philippe Béland (talk) 02:18, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
- James Heilman (talk) 06:27, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
If you are planning to attend the meeting, you are invited to add your name here.
Please post your questions on the talk page.
- Please note that the provinces in this table are for guidance only, since some have two time zones (e.g., The Magdalen Islands and the south-eastern part of British Columbia are not in the same time zone as their provinces). Please refer to your time zone instead of your province.